When the temps are HOT, nothing goes down better and is more satisfying than ice cream! Here’s a great recipe to try out for yourself when camping over the summer.
What You’ll Need:
½ Cup milk
¼ Cup heavy cream
¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon rock salt
Ziploc bags (1 pint-size, 1 gallon-size)
How to make it:
- Add the milk, sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract into a pint-size Ziploc freezer bag and seal tightly.
- Fill the gallon-sized Ziploc freezer bag half full with ice, sprinkle the rock salt over the ice, and shake to distribute evenly.
- Place the pint-size sealed bag containing the ice cream mixture into the gallon-size bag of ice & salt. Seal tightly.
- Shake both bags for about 8-10 minutes until the ice cream mixture starts to freeze. Use a towel or gloves to protect your hands.
- Open the bag to check the consistency of the ice cream, and remove it once you’re satisfied.
- Add toppings like fresh fruit or chocolate syrup. Serve it in a bowl or eat it straight from the bag. ENJOY!